Am I eligible to make a claim?
If your bank advised you on your mortgage, an investment, or other financial product and
you lost out, then you’re entitled to claim back what you lost, including interest, and
A financial advisor should always consider the following:
- Takes into account your particular financial needs, together with that of any dependent(s) you provide for.
- Recommends products (i.e. savings, pensions, investments etc) that are affordable to you.
- Takes into account your short or long-term commitments and/or requirements.
- The advice is suitable and you are happy with the level of investment risk.
- Takes into account whether you pay tax and/or advises you as to the potential tax liability to you and to any of your dependents.
If your advisor did not take the above into account, then you could claim compensation.